Saturday, 8 August 2026

115. Bhagavatha - Kamsa Summons Akrura

115. Srimad Bhagavatha  - Kamsa Summons Akrura 


On Sage Narada informing the impending danger from Vasudeva's sons, Kamsa, on a cautious note, instructed Demon Kesi to visit Vraja and kill Srikrishna and Balarama. 


Kamsa immediately summoned his ministers, renowned wrestlers and mahouts, and said, ‘I am told by Sage Narada and earlier too that my end is in the hands of the eighth son of Anakadundubhi (Vasudeva). 


Krishna and Balarama are presently dwelling in Nanda's Vraja. We will invite them on the pretext of dhanur yagna and let those boys be killed by our expert wrestlers.  The game of wrestling will be held in an amphi-theatre witnessed by the people of Mathura.  In case they escape death,  the mighty Kuvalayapida elephant will stand outside to attack them.”  


Kamsa then summoned Akrura, who remained non-controversial to him. Kamsa said, “You are my friend, and I want you to do an important assignment for me.” Immediately go to Vraja and bring those two sons of Vasudeva in a chariot. As told by Sage Narada,  my death is ordained at the hands of Krishna. Fetch them along with Nanda and others in the pretext of inviting them for Dhanu yagna. Carry with you gifts for them. I will take care of the rest. 


Once they are killed, I shall do away with Vrusnis, the Bhojas, my father Ugrasena, and Uncle Devaka, and establish my sovereignty.


When these thorns are thrown away, I shall enter into alliance with Jarasanda, Samsara, Naraka, and Bana. Do not disclose my intention to them but fetch them to my place. 


Akrura said, “To get rid of enemies, your plans, as a king, are appropriate.  However, one should note that success or failure is in the hands of Providence.  I shall fetch them as per your wish. 


Source: Bhagavatha Mahapurana 





No comments:

Post a Comment